Dye Experiments

 Textiles and Dyes

Final Photos

For these final photos, they are not professionally photographed for the class. I photographed them in the 3-D studio.

This yellow dye experiment was purely dyed as an experiment. It did turn out to be a rather bright color though.



This final photo was supposed to be a text-driven gay flag dyed with the colors we had available. It didn't turn out that nice, but it also didn't turn out horrible.

This natural green color was the largest piece of fabric that  I dyed. It is about 5x4 feet long and is fabric that I found form the thrift store. 

This was the second dog bandana that I dyed. Its colors were much brighter than the original that looked more pink than purple. This one had spots that looked lilac, but the final result was still very splotchy. While it is not purple, it still turned out pretty cool. 

This is one of the three dog bandanas that I dyed during class. It was from the provided fabrics, but I wanted to make it something that I would use after this class was over. They turned out pretty cute, so I am not disappointed. 

This rather long piece of green fabric was  the class fabric dyed in the same color as the 5x4 thrift store fabric. As you can see, the color turned out very different even though they were kept in the dye pot for similar amounts of time. 

In my personal opinion, this fabric turned out the coolest. It looks like water. I purposely folded it incorrectly before stitching it up. I was curious how it would turn out and I was not disappointed. 

Dye Experiment 1

After Dying
After Drying

Dye Experiment 2


Before Dying

Dye Experiment 3

Before Dying

After Dying









Comments

Popular Posts